School of Languages’ FREE pronunciation workshops
Are you an international student struggling with American English pronunciation? Do people often ask you to repeat yourself or misunderstand what you are trying to say? Then the FREE Pronunciation Workshop offered through the University Learning Center is for YOU! In this weekly 9-session workshop you will:
- train your muscles to correctly produce sounds in English
- learn where stress falls in words and sentences
- master correct intonation
- differentiate between similar sounds
- gain confidence in speaking!
To sign up for one of the workshops, email Jackie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, so hurry. The times are listed below:
- Section A: Fridays, 10:30 — 11:45 starting September 28
- Section B: Fridays, 12:00 — 1:15 starting September 28
- Section C: Wednesdays, 4:15 — 5:30 starting October 10
All sessions meet at the University Learning Center, 71 5th Avenue, 9th floor.
NOTE: You are expected to attend all 9 sessions. If you miss more than 2 sessions, you will lose your seat in the class and someone from the waiting list will take your place.