Federal Work Study position open at Canon interdisciplinary journal
Editor positions are available at Canon, the interdisciplinary journal of the New School for Social Research. Canon is dedicated to publishing the best graduate work at NSSR, and we are looking for others who will also be committed to that goal.
- Attending weekly meetings;
- Read and edit submissions;
- Working collaboratively to plan the journal;
- Co-writing editorial pieces;
- Budget planning and tracking;
- Requesting, receiving and managing submissions;
- Promotion and maintenance of Canon’s social media profile.
- Firm grasp of grammar, spelling, and syntax;
- Previous peer editing experience;
- Adobe suite experience (especially Photoshop and InDesign);
- Website publishing experience;
- Excellent time management;
- One year minimum commitment.
If interested, please go to http://www.newschool.edu/student-jobs and search for: “Federal Work Study/Publication Assistant/NSSR/Canon Editor (Students)” and upload your CV, schedule availability, and a brief paragraph explaining your qualifications and interests, what department you’re in, and your plans for study at the New School. Email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have uploaded your application.