NYU Study Abroad: Global Food Cultures: Hong Kong
THE STEINHARDT SCHOOL OF CULTURE, EDUCATION, AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY announces:
The 2013 Winter Intersession
Study Abroad Program in
Global Food Cultures: Hong Kong
Travel Dates in Hong Kong: January 6-19, 2013*
(Earn 4 graduate or undergraduate credits)
Special students from outside of NYU welcome to apply.
- An interdisciplinary and intercultural study of human communication through food. The theme of the 2013 program, “Gastronomy and Communication in the Diaspora,” will focus on Hong Kong’s uniquely diverse food cultures from around the world.
- Lectures, demonstrations, and a dimsum cooking class will be supplemented by guided visits to food venues & related cultural heritage sites. Experience in conducting original field research in Hong Kong.
- Ample personal free time to explore local attractions in Hong Kong. Students may travel in China or elsewhere in Asia before and or after the program (and before the Spring 2013 semester).
- Admitted students enroll in either MCC-GE 2351.095 – Global Food Cultures (4 Points; Dept. of Media, Culture, and Communication) or FOOD-GE 2251.095 – Global Food Cultures (4 Points; Program in Food Studies). Registered as a course in Spring 2013. Application deadlines: Oct 14 and Nov 11, 2012.
- Visit the program website above for more details (e.g., sample syllabus, travel itinerary, online application, tuition and fees, etc.). Contact MKL2@nyu.edu (for program content/requirements and travel logistics) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for application and enrollment management).