Teaching Artists Opportunities
Media Teaching Artists
The Brooklyn Center for Media Education, a program of BRIC Arts|Media|Bklyn, seeks seasoned Media Teaching Artists to teach in New York City public schools.
The Brooklyn Center for Media Education provides Brooklyn residents with access courses, workshops, and hands-on training that enable them to produce content for television and learn more about the ever-changing landscape of technology available to them today. The program also offers classes on media literacy and television production in the public schools.
- Media Teaching Artists are contracted to provide a complete “residency” (educational program) at a public school. This will include:
- Meeting with school staff to determine their needs;
- Customizing media curriculum to mesh with the school’s program;
- Delivering classes to students and assisting with their final projects;
- Maintaining communication with the school and BRIC to report outcomes, make changes in program design, and assist with assessment;
- Obtaining and transporting materials & equipment needed for classes.
- Expertise in field production, digital video and non-linear editing;
- Experience teaching media to school-aged children;
- Experience developing curriculum and assessing educational outcomes;
- Able to work with a diverse group of students and maintain classroom control.
School-based residencies are both during the school-day and after-school hours.
To be determined based on the nature and term of the school residency.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this teaching opportunity, please e-mail a brief cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Media Teaching Artist in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- VALIANT Seeks Enterprising Spring 2013 Interns For Editorial Communications Positions - December 21, 2012
- Teaching Artists Opportunities - December 21, 2012
- CALL FOR ENTRIES!The 2012–2013 Vera List New School Art Collection Writing Awards - December 21, 2012