Internship at WNSR: New School Radio
Social Media Internship for WNSR
New School Radio is looking for an intern to coordinate and oversee social media efforts for the Spring 2013 semester.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Interest in news, music/entertainment, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for social media
- Friendly and conversational
- Have demonstrated experience working with Facebook, Twitter, instagram, and blogging platforms
- Fast learner
- Creative thinker
- Detailed oriented, tech savvy
- Ideally has some experience in radio (preferred), not a must. But a plus!
- Manage and engage followers on various social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, instagram, etc.
- Create and manage social media calendar
- Coordinate with radio class, instill motivation; Motivate class to carry out strategies effectively; be the social media driver
- Dialogue Facilitator
- Conduct outside research with other radio stations
- Update WNSR website as needed
*Education background in Communications/Journalism/ Media preferred, but not required. 1 year or less experience on the web. Unpaid internship position.
* Scheduling is flexible. Estimated 10-15 hours a week. Intern will work remotely, on his/her computer and/or smartphone (if they have one).
Please email your resume and letter of interest to Jim Briggs: BriggsJR@newschool.edu