INTERN WANTED FOR BENEFIT ART AUCTION
WHITE BOX, a non-profit art space located in the Lower East Side, is searching for a dedicated individual to help coordinate its upcoming Spring Benefit 2013, including a live and silent auction along with raffle.
We are looking for someone who is committed, reliable, able to multi-task and can start immediately.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must be proactive and comfortable contacting and corresponding with galleries, collectors, artists and potential sponsors
- Oversees all aspects of the Benefit including managing a master excel sheet with the progress of incoming art donations, collectors information, and status of buyers/bidders as well as sponsors.
- Create, organize and maintain accompanying physical forms, such as bid sheets, bidder registration forms, donation forms and send thank-you letters to all participating artists, sponsors and Board Committee members
- Assist in the development of an auction catalog and artworks checklist, including the collection of all images and texts
- Manage live auction results, coordinate all winning bids including reconciling payments and art deliveries
- Manage and coordinate all deliveries and returns or sales of the unsold art at auction
Applicant must be:
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Motivated, able to work independently, and be extremely flexible when necessary
- Able to work necessary hours to ensure success
Prior Benefit/Auction/Event-related experience is a plus and a background in art organizations or gallery operations/administration preferred. A monetary award will be given at the end of the event based on performance and success of the Benefit.