Job Opening at BRIC Arts Media Brooklyn – Web Design Specialist, Community Media
Title: Web Design Specialist
Program: Community Media
Supervisor: Youth Community Media Coordinator
Full-time/Part-time: Part-time Temporary
BRIC is the community access television organization for Brooklyn. Its community media programs offer residents free access to media production facilities and equipment and low-cost media education through the Brooklyn Center for Media Education. BRIC’s community media programming also includes three programming initiatives aired on the 4-channel BCAT-TV Network: community-produced Brooklyn Free Speech TV; BRIC-produced, Brooklyn-focused Brooklyn Independent Television; and Brooklyn Bulletin Board, a 24/7 looping announcement service used by Brooklyn non-profits.
The Brooklyn Center for Media Education provides Brooklyn residents with access to courses, workshops, and hands-on training that enable them to produce content for television and learn more about the ever-changing landscape of technology available to them today. The program also offers classes on media literacy and television production in the public schools.
Purpose of Position: The Brooklyn Center for Media Education seeks a seasoned Web Design Specialist with experience in both Web and Graphic Design to co-teach for select residencies in New York City public schools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
This temporary assignment will include:
- Work with BRIC Media Teaching Artist to co-design and build school website with students as part of an afterschool program
- Teach web design and video blogging to students;
- Meet with school staff to determine their needs;
- Assist students with final projects; prepare them to assume website responsibilities
- Experience teaching technology and/or media to school-aged children a plus.
- Experience developing curriculum and assessing educational outcomes
- Expertise in web design and graphic design;
- Experience with CMS platforms (WordPress, SquareSpace, Drupal, etc.);
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Web Design Specialist. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach your resume. Include a list of 3 references in your application materials. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Alcee Walker’s Project “What’s Going On: The Remake, 20 Years Later” Releases Sunday, 11/1 - October 29, 2020
- GSC Presents Nicole Fleetwood: “Marking Time: Art in the Age of Mass Incarceration” - October 29, 2020
- International Field Programs Summer 2021 - October 29, 2020