Communications and External Affairs seeks Temporary Digital Asset Coordinator
The Communication and External Affairs department at the New School is looking for a
temporary digital asset coordinator to assist with the creation of the 2013 Parsons Festival
Thesis website. The coordinator will work under the supervision of Special Projects Manager
in the data management and creation of slideshows showcasing student work. This includes
preparing photography and video for the university website. The ideal candidate will have
experience working with various video and photography file formats, the ability to multi-task and
organize a steady stream of incoming student work and have an intimate knowledge of editing
software specifically Adobe Bridge and Photoshop. Candidate will also be trained the database
software Extensis Portfolio.
● Organized, precise, and detail oriented.
● Team player, able to pick up projects where others leave off.
● Communicative, cooperative and able to take direction.
● A fast learner of software programs.
● Proficient working on Macintosh computers.
● Solid experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge within a professional
● Knowledge of FTP and Content Management Systems (CMS) a plus.
● Navigate online database to locate, export and upload assets using our central server-
based image database. Training will be provided.
● Create miniature slideshows of student work using a web based client.
● Managing the travel of file metadata and information from platform to platform.
● Keep a detailed record tracking the progress of asset uploading.
● Assist in the posting of slideshow content to the university website through CMS.
● Work to adjust, edit and touch up photographs or videos to meet website specifications.
● Communicate with students regarding resubmission or answering questions.
The Temporary Digital Asset Coordinator should anticipate working from May 21st up until
June 28th at roughly 15-20 hours per week for approx 5 weeks. Payment is $15/hour. To be
considered, please send a letter and your resume NO LATER THAN May 15th to Ryan Blum-