Applications for the Lincoln Center’s Student Advisory Council
With the launch of Lincoln Center’s Student Advisory Council (LCSAC), the Lincoln Center is now soliciting applications from graduate students across all disciplines that are passionate about the arts. LCSAC members will represent the voices of students on the Lincoln Center campus and be the voice of Lincoln Center at their respective universities. They will be responsible for organizing events specifically tailored for graduate students, have access to training from within the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts marketing department, and more! Brief applications are being accepted on-line at:http://sac.lincolncenter.org/ Applications are due by September 27, 2013. For more information, contact Manuela Arciniegas, Community Outreach Fellow, at email@example.com or by calling 212-875-5581. Below is a brief description of the program.
Introducing the Lincoln Center Student Advisory Council!
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is one of the world’s leading cultural institutions, and we recognize the tremendous value that students bring to our artistic programs and to initiatives that expand our audiences. As a result, we have launched the Student Advisory Council for Lincoln Center, or SAC, to help strengthen the presence of college and graduate students across all levels of Lincoln Center. This small group of students will work together to raise awareness of Lincoln Center’s programming at their universities and assist in coordinating student activities at Lincoln Center.
As a member of the SAC, you’ll need to:
- Attend quarterly meetings at Lincoln Center.
- Help plan student-centered programs—including a Lincoln Center University Night, campus tours, happy hour socials, and performances.
- Invite your fellow students to Lincoln Center programs.
- Help disseminate information about Lincoln Center across your university.
- Liaise with university student and administrative bodies to inform them about the ways in which Lincoln Center can serve as a resource for their academic, social, and artistic interests.
And you’ll get:
- Access to 2–3 professional development workshops every summer.
- Access to one rehearsal in our prestigious venues.
- Access to discounted performance tickets.
- A letter of recommendation from Lincoln Center.
- An informal one-on-one career development lunch with a Lincoln Center staff member.
- Notification of internship opportunities.
…and lots more.
SAC members should have a passion for the arts and be able to effectively communicate across all media, including social networking. If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you join our team. Apply today. Applications are due by Friday, September 27, 2013. Apply on-line at: http://sac.lincolncenter.org/