WIN.nyc looking for a Media Project Coordinator
Media Project Coordinator (Full Time Position)
Transportation Alternatives, Inc.
Summary of Position Transportation Alternatives seeks a Media Project Coordinator to assist with day-to-day media operations. This position will report to the Communications Manager and work with other staff. The primary objectives are to plan, schedule, track and implement communications plans that advance T.A.’s mission, and to act as the organization’s primary proofreader and fact- checker. A familiarity with, and a passion for, T.A.’s core issues is key. Responsibilities
• Communications calendar and project management
• Communications schedule and organization of T.A.’s widespread media landscape
• Fact-checking & proofreading of all T.A. communications
• Press lists and contact database maintenance
• Compiling press hits and conducting media research
• Assisting with press releases and media events.
• Contributing to media-outreach strategies
• Digital media management and performance tracking You are a:
• Flawless proofreader and fact checker. The ideal candidate is typo-averse and able to turn around copy at a rapid pace.
• Organizational mastermind: Candidate should be skilled at project management, with the ability to consider a crowded field, sort and prioritize, and assist the organization in keeping up with its communications agenda.
• Numbers person: With the ability to track projects, sort through data on T.A.’s communications, spot and analyze trends.
• Fast, independent worker comfortable under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Person with at least two years’ experience working in project management, advertising, media, public relations or journalism; with database and digital media management experience.
• Commitment to making New York City a better place to bike, walk and use public transit
• Comfort working independently in a fast- paced campaign environment
• A good sense of humor Compensation: We offer competitive salary and benefits including an employer contributed health/dental plan, a matching retirement plan, three weeks paid vacation, professional development opportunities, transit/bike commuter benefits and indoor bike parking. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
How TO APPLY: Send
1. Cover letter
3. One to three writing samples
To: Media Project Coordinator Search Transportation Alternatives
127 W. 26th Street, #1002
New York, NY 10001
Fax 212 629-8334
No phone calls or walk-ins, please. Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
Transportation Alternatives is New York City’s leading transportation advocacy organization, with a citywide network of 100,000 active supporters committed to reclaiming New York City’s streets for people by ensuring that every New Yorker has safe space to walk and bike and access to public transportation. Every day, all over the city, we’re working to make New York City’s neighborhoods safer and restore a vibrant culture of street life.