Last Call for Submissions at NFFTY 2014
The end of submissions for NFFTY 2014 is right around the corner! Submissions will officially close after Thursday, February 13 11:59pm PST.
What is NFFTY?
NFFTY is the largest and most influential youth film festival in the world. In 2013, we screened 215 amazing films from the best filmmakers 22 and younger representing 30 states and 20 countries, with 10,000 in attendance. NFFTY 2014 will be April 24-27th in Seattle, WA.
Check out this video to learn why you should submit your film to NFFTY!
Submission Deadlines + Entry Fees – Online Application and Film Received By:
Extended Deadline: February 13, 2014 | $50
**Extra $10 fee applies per submission if you mail in a DVD rather than preferred upload method.
**Middle East Waiver – Submission fees for NFFTY 2014 will be waived for any filmmakers from Middle East countries as part of a special showcase initiative this year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of residency to request waiver.
- The film’s director(s) must have been 22 years old or younger at time of filming.
- All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed. See our Resource Guide.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
All films (national and international) may be submitted into only one category:
Feature – any narrative film over 30 minutes in length.
Short – any narrative short film under 30 minutes.
Documentary – documentary of any length.
Music Video – music video of any length.
Animation – any form of animation, any length.
Experimental – any length film that does not fit the mold of typical filmmaking.
Action Sports – any film under 15 minutes that represents, showcases or is inspired by Action Sports.
- NEW Category:
This all new category, presented by vitaminwater®, calls for short films of any genre (animation, doc, narrative, etc) that follow stories of an individual’s everyday hustle in the pursuit of a passion or dream.
Films submitted to this category should contain any of the following elements:
- Someone working hard to achieve their goals.
- Someone who has a burning desire to change the world around them and stand out.
- An everyday journey for someone working towards being recognized as credible, successful or influential.
The winner of this category will receive a $5,000 cash award at NFFTY 2014 from vitaminwater®