FILM CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP, NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES
Picture Motion is a team of social impact strategists that believes films have the power to inspire change. Our interns assist on all aspects of our films’ social action and grassroots marketing campaigns, from social media and event logistics to research and strategy. We are looking for someone who’s interested in learning a range of skills as they help develop a social action campaign and market a film.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about social change, film and the issues that our films tackle. Desired applicants must have demonstrated experience and an interest in documentary film marketing, social media, social action/activism, nonprofit work or grassroots movement building. Previous experience in film marketing, social media, and/or PR is a plus.
Picture Motion is currently working on films that deal with education reform, America’s obesity epidemic, race, income inequality, climate change and natural disaster response. See the films section of our website for complete list. Must be able to commit to 15 hours a week and enjoy a start-up culture. Start date is June 1, 2014.
Job duties vary, but may include:
– Research and campaign strategy development
– Maintaining Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr profiles
– Monitoring analytics for social media and reporting on trends
– Drafting and/or editing blogs and newsletters for the film
– Support and logistics management of screening tours
– Research and outreach to potential partners and supporters
– General office support
– Enrolled in a University
– Excellent writing skills
– Ability to self-manage
– Enjoys start-up culture
– Must use social media regularly
You Will Learn the Following:
– How to grow online and social media presence
– Pitching stories to bloggers
– Developing creative partnerships
– Film distribution strategies
– Self-distribution and self-marketing for filmmakers
– Impact measurement – how film creates change
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please clearly state why you are interested in the Picture Motion internship and what you hope to achieve by working with us.