Internship Opportunity: Welcome Change Productions
Welcome Change Productions Internship Opportunity
We’re looking for a social media and research intern to spend two days a week with us in our West Village office. We are a small, independent documentary production company headed by an Academy Award nominated director. Our films focus primarily on people with disabilities and communities in flux – we currently have two films in production while our latest makes its festival run. This is a very small office where you’ll be working directly with the Director and our Outreach Director/Associate Producer. This is not a paid internship, but we provide a stipend for lunch and travel. The internship begins the first week of January and lasts three months.
Your main responsibilities:
- Curation of content for our social media accounts, as well as development of long term social media projects
- Research, primarily into outreach and contacts for project funding
- Helping to generate & develop fundraising & outreach ideas
- Assisting Director and OD/AP with larger projects – types of projects dependent on what stages of production the films are in
- General office admin. tasks, such as monitoring supplies, going for runs, etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn firsthand the nuts and bolts of independent documentary filmmaking, as well as to get some real, valuable experience in social media management & research/outreach. This is, however, not a production position.What we need from you:Anyone looking to make his or her career in independent film will learn a lot at Welcome Change – particularly aspiring documentarians. If you’re passionate about disability rights or changing communities, you’ll feel right at home here, too. Our main requirements are a solid, self-starting work ethic, and a positive attitude. Experience with social media management and doc research are certainly plusses, but not deal breakers. Mainly, we’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the team.
Anyone interested can send their resume and cover letter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that they please include what they’d be looking to get out of an internship with us in the cover letter.