Spring 2015 Marketing Intern at Prospect Park Alliance
Spring 2015 Marketing Intern
Prospect Park Alliance
The Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking a Spring 2015 Marketing Intern to help coordinate our website, social media and other marketing activities. Candidates should be creative, organized, energetic self-starters with a strong interest in gaining marketing and communications experience at a flagship Brooklyn institution. The Marketing Intern will gain experience executing marketing strategies, researching best practices, producing content for our website and social media channels, and helping to further the mission of the Alliance.
Projects will be assigned based on the needs of the department and the interests and skills of the intern, and may include but are not limited to:
* Working with marketing and communications team to write and produce web content
* Assisting with digital communications to a wide range of audiences
* Helping to execute social media activities for the Alliance including community management
* Overseeing community calendar submissions
* Using analytics tools to help monitor digital marketing activities, social media engagement, and web traffic
* Providing administrative support as needed
* Internships are unpaid, but can be applied for college credit, and a stipend for travel and lunch are available. We require a minimum commitment of four months, and work schedules are flexible, with a minimum of 2 days per week. Occasional weekend or evening hours may be requested.
* Pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree or a recent graduate, with a specific interest in marketing and communications, specifically digital communications and social media marketing.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
* Superb writing and communication skills
This is an unpaid internship.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The Prospect Park Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Prospect Park Alliance
Designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux in the mid-nineteenth century, Prospect Park is one of Brooklyn’s most treasured destinations and a national landmark. The Prospect Park Alliance is a nonprofit organization founded in 1987 to restore and maintain Prospect Park after a long period of steady deterioration and decline. We preserve the natural environment, restore historic design and provide public programs and amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year. The Alliance plays a significant role in funding the operating budget that keeps the Park clean, safe and beautiful, and employs three-quarters of the staff that take care of the Park and engage its diverse surrounding communities. Today, Prospect Park is an international model for urban parks, and one of the premier green spaces in the United States.