Martha Stewart Weddings Digital Editorial Internship
Martha Stewart Weddings is looking for interns for the Fall 2015 semester.
Here is the official listing:
2015 Fall: Digital Editorial
Primary Purpose: The digital editorial intern will support the digital editorial team of Martha Stewart Weddingswith producing, writing, and editing editorial content for MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
Responsibilities: The intern will support the digital editorial team responsible for the daily programming of MSW.com. The candidate will have the opportunity to pitch, write, and edit content; learn how to use a Content Management System to build digital content; glean best practices for search end optimization; and assist with the programming of our social networks. This is not a strictly editorial internship; expect that there will be some production work.
This position is ideal for a journalism or communication student looking to gain experience working on a website.
- Completing photo and editorial research for stories.
- Pitching, writing, and editing new content for MSW.com.
- Making updates to existing content.
- Building posts and galleries for MSW.com using the CMS. Populating our Dress Finder tool.
- Scheduling posts on social networks, such as Pinterest.
- Attending story idea meetings with digital editors.
- An interest in or passion for the subject areas we cover, including wedding planning, DIY, fashion, and beauty.
- An understanding of the Martha Stewart aesthetic and brand identity.
- Good writing and grammar skills.
- An excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- An ease working on computers and using the internet.
- Familiarity or desire to learn to use the MSLO Content Management System, built in Drupal.
Preferred: Junior/Senior/Grad student majoring in communications, journalism, or publishing.
Please contact Jennifer Hirshlag at JHirshlag@marthastewart.com and Lyndsey Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org