Creative Time’s Video Fall Internship
Creative Time, New York City’s vanguard and veteran public arts presenter, seeks a creative and resourceful filmmaker to help Creative Time produce innovative video content. The intern will work with our video director for the fall semester and be involved in all aspects of filmmaking, from location scouting and story boarding to producing, shooting and editing! Our videos will include: short-form promotional, live event, experimental and documentary videos. Gain behind-the-scenes access to an arts organization, follow our curators and artists, experience the installation process, attend opening events, interview audience members, and capture it all!
Be a part of the creative process, working with our video director, project curators and the marketing team to determine the best opportunities for audio and video content for each project, storyboarding a unique concept for teaser trailers and project documentation, capturing and editing footage for publication on project microsites and creativetime.org, and developing packaging and/or distribution strategies for her or his work, all using the Creative Time platform.
The desired applicant will have creative vision, a knack for narrative, knowledge of and interest in the art world, prior experience in filmmaking, a technical background, and a wish to gain experience with artists, the public, and staff in a creative, innovative environment. Competitive selection will be made based on a strong voice in videography, skill in shooting and/or editing, a clear perspective on the arts, willingness to learn, motivation for collaboration and working at Creative Time, and the ability to contribute to the organization.
- Bachelor’s in film and video or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Must be resourceful, with experience balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Able to demonstrate prior experience in documentation, filmmaking and the process of creating, editing and posting video for the web
- Experience with video editing software (Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro 7). Knowledge of additional software such as Adobe After Effects, social media, color correcting, digital video cameras, lighting for interviews, professional audio, and time-lapse photography a plus
- Understanding of storyboarding and the ability to present on this knowledge
- Tech savvy: familiarity with social networking tools, Internet research tools, Microsoft office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Access to video equipment is a plus, though not required for consideration
- At least 2 days a week working out of Creative Time’s office in the East Village firmly required, with the flexibility to additionally accommodate potential evening and weekend shoots/edits throughout the semester on a reasonable project-to-project basis
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter detailing your relevant background and coursework, two references, and URL with examples of prior work.
Email to email@example.com. No calls please. Creative Time is an equal-opportunity employer.