Student Assistantship Positions Available for 2016
The beginning of the Spring 2016 semester is quickly approaching and we are preparing to assign student assistantship positions.
Please take note of the following eligibility requirements to be a student assistant at the School of Media Studies:
- Must be a graduate level student.
- Must be registered for full-time status (9 credits) in the semester he/she would like to be considered for a position.
- Must be within the time limit for attaining your degree.
- Must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Must not have more than 33% of attempted course credits as incompletes.
- Must not be employed at The New School as administrative staff.
- If selected, you must file new hire paperwork form at the University if you are a first time student employee. International students must complete foreign national forms.
- All selected students must be authorized to work in the United States and must have a social security number.
On the application form, please note what type of assistantship position you would like to be considered for (can be more than one):
- Course Assistant: Spring 2016 Production Courses
- Research Assistant: For a full-time faculty member
- Technical Assistant: Support classes with technical resources
- Understanding Media Studies Assistant: For Spring 2016 UMS Course; Three UMS positions are available: Student Ambassador, Web Coordinator, Video/Tech Coordinator.
The application is available, here: Spring 2016 Student Assistantship Application Form.
If you are a good fit for a particular position, we will notify you via email and will put you in contact with the appropriate faculty member to discuss in further detail.