Communications Intern for IAVA
IAVA is a nationally recognized authority on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the broad range of issues impacting U.S. troops, veterans and their families. Through digital and traditional media, the Communications team works to raise critical awareness about veterans issues, hold lawmakers accountable for policies impacting veterans and ensure the entire country is focused on providing a lasting network of care and support for this newest generation of veterans.
THE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN WILL:
- Learn how to craft messaging specific to military/veterans issues and policies.
- Research and update press list(s);
- Keep website press releases and press hits up-to-date;
- Proof-read blog posts, press releases, member emails and other external facing documents.
- Learn protocols for crisis communications strategy.
- Support social media strategies.
THE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN SHOULD POSSESS:
- Excellent communication (written, graphical, verbal, etc). Please provide a writing sample in your cover letter and resume upload.
- Comfortability learning new technology platforms.
- Flexibility, dedication to mission, and a robust sense of humor – we are a rapidly growing organization, and one that is presented with many unique, interesting and exciting opportunities on a regular basis.
IAVA is seeking a spring intern to work on-site between 8-16 hours per week. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Tyler Gately at firstname.lastname@example.org.