Job Opportunity: Student Film Production Certificate Advisor
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Student Film Production Certificate Advisor
The Film Production Certificate in the Department of Media Studies and Film consists of eight approved courses, which guide the student through the contemporary art and craft of film production, using traditional 16mm film and digital technologies. Students receive an official certificate upon successful completion of all courses, attesting to their expertise in the field. Courses are offered for undergraduate credit, certificate, as well as non-credit students. The sequence consists of four production courses, where student filmmakers make a number of short exercises and films, leading to the completion of a final, advanced film project, using 16mm film and/or digital formats. The production courses are complimented by other classes, in which students learn technical and aesthetic aspects of film and digital production, and explore a wide range of cinematic practices, including directing, cinematography, screenwriting, acting, and producing.
The Film Production Certificate Advisor is primarily responsible for advising non-credit and certificate students in the program. The position requires extensive experience with and knowledge of the courses within the certificate. The FPC Advisor works closely with students and must have a familiarity with university offices and academic policies. Will train. (10 hours per week)
- Serve as the point person for students interested in the certificate program.
- Answer phone calls, emails, and meet in person with prospective students, explaining the certificate sequence and answering questions (requires awareness of international student visa requirements, departmental equipment provided in courses, faculty strengths, etc.).
- Hold office hours to advise enrolled students on certificate program requirements, sequence of courses, general academic advising.
- Provide registration support for non-credit and certificate students including: advisement on courses, overtallies, permissions etc.
- Direct international students through the application process. Liaise with the Office of Admissions, and the International Student Services office.
- Attend Certificate Open Houses to answer attendee questions, distribute information, and make contact with prospective students
- Work with the Registrar’s Office to receive processed certificate requests, review student transcripts, confer certificates.
- Design welcome package for new students
- Update online materials and maintain current social media presence.
- Track enrollment trends and maintain outreach with current and students and alums.
Please send letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org