Digital Marketing Manager of Academic Programs at TNS
The Digital Marketing Manager, Academic Programs collaborates with and supports the Program Marketing Strategist to further strategic awareness, positioning, and enrollment goals for the 130+ degree programs and majors at The New School. This challenging new role entails managing marketing efforts across multiple online channels, including media buys and campaign execution for display, SEM, social media advertising, and content marketing as well as conversion rate optimization. Requires strategic thinking and data analytics skills, media buying experience (traditional and digital), with preferred experience in digital marketing campaigns for higher education or similar industries. The capacity to meet the demands of a critical role in a large, urban institution, and energy to match the university’s spirit of constant change is key to this role.
• Research, recommend, and prioritize advertising opportunities via channels and platforms that align with program marketing audience segments
• Manage all aspects of media buys, including rate negotiations, insertion orders and invoices
• Traffic digital ad units, handling all day-to-day ad placement, scheduling, and updates
• Track and analyze key performance metrics on academic program marketing campaigns, including regular direct results and website analytics reporting
• Display advertising: Help develop creative briefs and test ad copy and design executions to optimize banner and multi-media display campaign performance
• Search engine marketing: Identify opportunities to optimize SEM efforts, including running tests, applying insights from market research and segmentation
• Social media advertising: Develop, test, and optimize social media advertising campaigns on multiple platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Conversion rate optimization: Test and optimize campaign landing pages to improve conversion rates on digital marketing campaigns
• Confer and collaborate with Program Marketing Strategist, AVP of Strategic Marketing, Director of Digital Content, deans and academic program directors on marketing plans that support academic program goals
• Conduct competitive analysis research, including target audience segmentation, competitor offerings, and tactical best practices
• Supervise one or more graduate student workers
• Special projects and other duties as assigned by Program Marketing Strategist
• Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years media planning and digital marketing experience.
• Knowledge of higher education marketing practices in the U.S. and/or international a plus
• Experience with measuring ROI and lead generation success
• Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
• Proficiency in social media, pay per click (PPC) advertising, email marketing, and Google Analytics as well as experience with ad-trafficking software.
• Proficiency in e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software (Microsoft Office preferred)
• Ability to learn The New School’s systems including intranet and website
• Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail and superior client service skills