Fellowship Opportunity: ABC Writing Program
Disney | ABC Television Group (DATG) has put forward 2017 DISNEY│ABC Writing Program that begins in February and ends in February of the following year. In a town of closed doors, the program presents one of the scarce keys to breaking into the business. The primary goal for Program Writers is to staff on a DATG series as a staff writer during the one-year program. The program also provides access to executives, producers and literary representatives through various meetings and events designed to facilitate relationships that can prove invaluable in developing a television writing career.
Disney | ABC Television Group (DATG) strives to entertain and inform viewers in a way that reflects the vast diversity of our world. Creative Talent Development & Inclusion’s (CTDI) mission is to identify talent with diverse and intriguing life experiences with the goal to staff on DATG series.
- Applicants must be able to legally work in the United States and be at least 21 years of age.
- Television production experience is not required, but strongly recommended.
- Past participants who entered the program with television production experience (e.g. writers’ assistant, script coordinator, etc…) have found that knowledge helpful in establishing a writing career.
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form that must be type or print. Candidates can download application form through the given link:
- Original pilot script that captures the writer’s unique tone, style and point of view.
- Spec Script for a live-action cable, broadcast or streaming-service (e.g., Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) series produced and airing during the current television season.
- Application with all areas completed. Type or print legibly
- Release form (With attached Exhibit A covering the original pilot script and Exhibit B covering the spec script) with all areas completed and the requested signature.
- Resume outlining chronological salaried employment (may include entertainment and non-entertainment positions).
- Essay (No more than 750 words) – Tell us a story from your life experience that conveys your unique perspective and/or multi-cultural sensibility.
- Letters of recommendation (Optional) from film and television entertainment industry professionals who have read the applicant’s material and can comment on the applicant’s ability are strongly encouraged, but not mandatory.
Candidates can submit complete application packet to:
Disney │ABC Writing Program
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4016
- Writers become employees of Disney│ABC Television Group (DATG)
- Paid a weekly salary of $961.54 ($50,000 annualized)
- Any applicable benefits for which they are eligible in accordance with the then-current Company benefits.
Applications will be accepted May 2, 2016 through June 1, 2016. Applications will not be accepted prior to 12:00 am on May 2, 2016 and must be postmarked no later than 11:59 pm on June 1, 2016.
Link for More Information: