Coca-Cola & Regal Films Filmmaking Challenge, Q&A Webinars
The New School SMS Students are eligible for a branded-content filmmaking opportunity with Coca-Cola and Regal Cinemas. Students are to submit a treatment/script to Coca-Cola & Regal Films that “makes fans so thirsty they crave a Coke and Popcorn”. Five finalists will be chosen and awarded $15K to produce a 35 second commercial that showcases the Regal and Coca-Cola brands. The completed film will views and judged by a panel industry experts and the Grand Prize winner will be featured in Regal Theaters nationwide.
A series of live webinar presentations have been created for students to join. They will walk through the Program Overview and filmmaker challenge. The goal is to bring the filmmaker challenge to life and answer student questions. They have 4 LIVE opportunities for students to join. Below are those times, please note your timezone.
LIVE WEBINAR PRESENTATIONS
- 10/26 ——-8:00am PST / 10am CNT / 11am EST
- 11/2 ———2pm PST/ 4pm CNT / 5pm EST
- 11/3———-12pm PST / 2pm CNT / 3pm EST
- 11/7———-11am PST / 1pm CNT / 2pm EST
Video Conferencing System Directions: Please log in 5 minutes prior to the call to ensure you get logged in and set up in time for the start.
- Visit https://groupcse.conferencinghub.com/Web/AshleyODell on your preferred browser (make sure your pop-up blocker is temporarily disabled)
- Enter your first and last name, and then your email
- On the next screen you will be prompted to create a password, or continue as a guest – either is fine.
- Once you have entered the conference room, you will need to connect audio – please use the “Call My Phone” option by entering your cell phone number. After hitting “Connect Me,” you will receive a call that adds you to the room. *IF THIS doesn’t work for you, you can call the number below.
- Once you’ve been added to the room, please place your phone on mute, if applicable. To ask questions, please use the public chat feature and we will field your questions as we go.
IF You are in a conference room and want to use a conference phone rather than your cell phone here is the dial info.
Call 1-888-354-0094 When prompted, use the Passcode 4635279 and then hit #Than
If you are unable to make one of our live presentations here is a recorded session for students to listen too. https://www-na1.globalmeet.com/w/pub/view?hcid=2292386&id=2346938&type=rec&expires=2016-11-03%2020%3A52%3A34.445&digest=fmgLmQckcsgeMJ3%2Fwoz3kMK%2BLKs%3D
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020