Documentary Post-Production Internship / PT Job | Magnetic Media
Award-winning documentary filmmakers making a feature-length documentary on people who are working to develop and promote cutting-edge technological solutions to climate change.
Magnetic Media seeking a candidate with interest in post-production for this position in Manhattan. Responsibilities include linking and importing footage into the Avid. This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience and expand understanding of documentary post-production.
Qualifications: Previous experience with Avid Media Composer is preferred but not necessary.
The ideal candidate:
– is energetic, focused and stays on task
– has good social and communication skills
– is flexible, versatile and eager to learn
– is on-time and reliable
– works well independently and with others
– is interested in post-production
– takes direction and asks questions when appropriate
– wants to be part of a small team that’s making an important film
PAY RATE: $15/hour
AVAILABILITY: Must be available at least two evenings a week (Monday to Friday, exact days can be discussed) and/or weekends
Application Instructions: Please submit your resume and include a brief note explaining your career goals and what you are hoping to get out of this internship.
START DATE: Immediately
DURATION: 2 Months (flexible)
The address is 119 W 23rd St #700.
Applications should be sent to
Magnetic Media Productions
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020