Panavision Internship Program
Panavision Internship Program
The Internship Program at Panavision New York embraces the workings of motion picture film needs within a camera rentals company, focusing on Marketing and Operations aspects. The ideal Panavision Intern will gain a diverse understanding of costumer and equipment service during their tenancy and embrace the resources that are available to them. A model candidate for the program showcases an ambition to learn, interpersonal skills, and is able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change. Strong attention to detail and teamwork skills are a necessity for this position.
This is a paid Internship. For those still enrolled in higher education, course credits may also be applied in addition.
Key Tasks: Operations
- Part take in day to day organization and maintenance of gear.
- Assist in various tasks in Equipment Service and Costumer Service departments.
- Aid in preparing orders going out to clients/ productions
- Gain hands on experience with motion picture digital and film equipment.
Key Tasks: Marketing
- Participate in day to day interoffice communication.
- Assist in obtaining all required information and documentation for upcoming and ongoing projects.
- Research rumored and in-development projects; Locate client commercials, shorts, trailers, etc. for video reels; Collect information for NY and surrounding area film festivals.
- Gain hands on experience communicating with production teams and crew members on all levels.
Key Tasks: Service Repair Department
- Assist repair team in the maintenance and organization of camera related cables.
- Maintain an active log of repair department accessories and supplies.
- Learn to analyze equipment blue prints and exploded views for purposes of repair or modification.
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of high end camera batteries and chargers.
- Learn how to repair and service 4k monitors and HD wireless video devices.
Key Tasks: Camera Service Department
- Assist Camera and Lens team in the maintenance and organization of general camera/lens related items.
- Help to maintain and organize camera and lens inventory room.
- Assist service manager in maintaining a proper parts and camera accessories count.
- Interfacing with the prep and sales team to relay order information to the service department.
Knowledge and Prior Experience:
- Team player. Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Thorough, outstanding follow through and attention to detail.
- Remain calm and professional even in tense situations.
To apply for the program, please send resumes and cover letters addressed to Mary McGee, Joanna Samulski and Dan Martinez at PANY.Interns@Panavision.com.
Please specify which focus you would like to be considered for in your application and in the subject header of your email.
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020