JCC Association Scholarship Available
JCC Associations full-time scholarship is awarded to 4-6 qualified candidates for a maximum of two years ($10,000 per school year), depending on eligibility. Applications are due February 1, 2017. Applicants who are moved to the next round of interviews will be notified by March to select a date and time for a Skype interview. The last round of interviews is in-person with the Scholarship Committee at JCC Associations offices in New York City in April 2017 (tbd).
Click link to download: 2017 Scholarship Application
*Upon completion of the online application, the scholarship coordinator will contact you via email with any additional materials needed to complete your application. All parts of the application are due February 1, 2017.
- First masters degree
- Committed to work at a JCC post-graduation for at least (2) years*
- Complete a field placement at a JCC during your studies
- Pursuing a masters degree in a field that pertains to JCC employment
- Full-time students ONLY
- Completion of all parts of the application including (3) reference letters, (1) essay & (1) case study. No exceptions past due date.
If accepted, scholarship awardees are contractually obligated to fulfill a two year work commitment at an affiliated JCC. JCC Association will work with recipients to help secure positions upon graduation, if the scholarship recipient is unable to fulfill this requirement 90 days after graduation, the full scholarship must be paid back within (3) months.
*Please note: 2 year work commitment must be fulfilled post-graduation. Employment prior or during scholarship does not qualify for the requirement. Current JCC employees are eligible to apply for the full-time scholarship if they are pursuing their degree full-time while working. Fulfillment of 2 year commitment will begin post-graduation as well.
If the graduate program is longer than (4) semesters, the balance of tuition falls on the scholarship recipient.
Call, write, or e-mail:
520 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
Telephone: (212) 786 – 5093
Fax: (212) 481 – 4174
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020