Commencement 2017: Call for Student Commencement Speaker
We are looking for a student who embodies and projects the best qualities and core values of a New School education. He or she must be able to deliver concise and compelling remarks that will resonate with and inspire the graduating class of 2017.
Auditions for the Student Commencement Speaker will be held on Friday, March 3 at 3:00 p.m. We encourage all interested and eligible* graduating students to audition for this opportunity. Auditioners should prepare a two-minute speech to present to the speaker selection panel. Please complete this form to sign up, and we will send an email confirmation with location details. The form also includes more information and guidance for those interested in participating.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.7.
- Must identify two faculty members or administrators who know you well and who will support your candidacy.
The ideal commencement speaker will be a student who has engaged actively with the life and culture of The New School and New York City, e.g., through projects, community or global opportunities, student groups or organizations, volunteering and activism, etc.
- Auditions are held on Friday, March 3.
- Finalists are notified by Monday, March 20.
- Finalist interviews take place Monday, March 27 through Wednesday, March 29
- The Student Commencement Speaker is announced by Monday, April 3.
- University Commencement takes place on Friday, May 19.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.