Mixed Messages Deadline Extension – Apply By March 6!
The deadline for applications to Mixed Messages has been extended to Monday, March 6th!
Mixed Messages is a juried annual showcase of outstanding creative work by recent alumni and graduate students of the School of Media Studies. Projects span across various formats, themes and genres. A panel consisting of distinguished curators, producers and artists will select finalists for inclusion in this year’s show. Over $10,000 in media goods and services donated by media and tech companies awarded as prizes to the winners!
Application Deadline: March 6, 2017
- Projects completed by graduate students and alumni produced as part of Media Studies coursework between the Fall 2015 and Fall 2016 semesters.
- Works submitted to Mixed Messages in previous years are not eligible.
- Maximum of TWO different works may be submitted for the showcase.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Film and video projects that are to be screened should be submitted to Fine Cuts!
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
Mixed Messages is looking for completed media projects and functioning project prototypes. Project topics can include but are not limited to media advocacy, social engagement, media management, branding, digital storytelling, and public interactives.
- Installation (Interactive or non-interactive work involving spatial components, such as screens, multiple screen projections, physical computing)
- Web-based Projects
- Mobile Media (locative work for smart phones or tablets; wearables)
- Motion Design
- Print / Works on Paper (including graphic design, infographics, photography)