The Flaherty 2017 Spring/Summer Internship
The Flaherty 2017 Spring/Summer Internship – Accepting Applications Now
The Flaherty has an opening for a spring/summer office intern, who will also be able to work/attend the 63rd Robert Flaherty Film Seminar in June 2017. This internship is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning about arts administration and for those that have an interest in documentary/experimental film.
About the Internship:
Interns will be expected to work a minimum of two days a week in the Flaherty office (New York, NY). The internship starts in March and goes through the end of August. This is an unpaid position, but college credit may be available. This internship also includes interning at the 2017 Robert Flaherty Film Seminar held at Colgate University on June 17 -23, 2017 (Hamilton, NY). The 2017 Flaherty Seminar FUTURE REMAINS will be programmed by Nuno Lisboa.
Interns Will Be Responsible For:
- General office duties
- Answering phones and responding to information requests as needed
- Assisting with on-going projects
- Assisting office staff with preparations for the Robert Flaherty Film Seminar.
- Tasks at the Seminar will be varied including helping with registration, assisting Seminar staff as needed.
- A background or interest in independent film and documentaries
- Familiarity with working in an office environment
- Must be familiar with Mac & Windows computer systems, email & social media (Knowledge of WordPress a plus)
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to meet time requirements
- Experience dealing with the public
If interested please send a cover letter and resume as soon as possible to email@example.com (NO PHONE CALLS). In the subject line please put “INTERNSHIP – YOUR NAME“. For more specific information about the Flaherty please visit www.flahertyseminar.org. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A FILM PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP.