Community Manager/Editorial Producer
Wealthsimple makes smart investing easy, accessible, and transparent for everyone. We’re the market leader in Canada with over $750 million assets under management and 20,000 clients. We recently launched in the United States and are now planning our expansion to additional markets. We have an opportunity to build one of the largest and most innovative fintech companies in the world. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to build a strong global brand over the next 2 years.
The Wealthsimple Brand Team in NYC is comprised of creatively-passionate industry veterans, with experience at advertising agencies (Weiden+Kennedy, Goodby Silverstein & Partners), incubators (Y Combinator), publications (GQ magazine), and tech startups (Harry’s, Square, 1000memories). We’re committed to building a world-class creative brand, and we’ve only just begun. Check out our Super Bowl spot, our new website, and our digital Magazine.
WealthSimple is looking for a Social/Editorial Producer to join the Brand Team in NYC and help grow Wealthsimple’s digital presence, including the Magazine and the social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to an early-stage company with the momentum of a successful team and product behind you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL:
- Establish, implement, and maintain a process for producing stories and posts
- Cultivate brand love by interacting with Wealthsimple’s online communities
- Continually do research and tests, honing in on the most effective ways to engage with our audience
- Manage the Magazine editorial calendar and corresponding production schedule to ensure stories are published on time
- Review deliverables to ensure they meet our brand standards
- Determine localization needs for each story/post and partner with the local teams to execute
- Monitor analytics, periodically share summaries with the team, and recommend ways to optimize
- Support our freelance writers and designers, including negotiating contracts, onboarding, overseeing workflow, and handling invoices
- Manage the production workflow of multiple Magazine stories simultaneously
- Publish Magazine stories and social posts using a content management system
- Manage a social content calendar and corresponding production schedule to ensure channels stay active
- Stay current on news, trends, and notable people in the financial industry
- Develop and execute a social content strategy that aligns with brand campaigns and company initiatives
- Continually work to increase the number of active, engaged followers
- Collaborate with creative team to produce social content
- Discover and explore emerging and long-tail social channels
THE IDEAL TEAM MEMBER WILL BE:
- Able to stay organized and efficient while multi-tasking
- Generally available most days to communicate with Wealthsimple followers
- Passionate about collaborating with creatives
- An excellent writer
- Knowledgeable, at the most basic level, about the financial industry
- Professional and diplomatic with all external communication
- Hyper-aware of current events, notable people, and pop culture
- Diligent about publishing accurate, interesting, quality content
- Knowledgable and interested in the social media landscape
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
If this describes you, we’d love to meet. Send us your resume, as well as a cover letter detailing a campaign you’re proud of.
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- Alcee Walker’s Project “What’s Going On: The Remake, 20 Years Later” Releases Sunday, 11/1 - October 29, 2020
- GSC Presents Nicole Fleetwood: “Marking Time: Art in the Age of Mass Incarceration” - October 29, 2020
- International Field Programs Summer 2021 - October 29, 2020