Media Studies Fall 2017 Assistantship Application Open
The application for The School of Media Studies’ Fall 2017 Student Assistantships is now available.
Please carefully read all of the information included on the application form regarding eligibility requirements, assistant position titles, rates, and responsibilities.
In order to be eligible for an assistantship with the School of Media Studies at The New School, students must meet the following minimum standards and eligibility criteria in the semester for which they would like to apply:
1. Must be a current graduate level student.
2. Must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits in the semester he/she would like to be considered for a position.
3. Must be within the time limit for attaining your degree.
4. Must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
5. Must not have more than 33% of attempted course credits as in completes.
6. Must not be employed at The New School as administrative staff.
7. Must file new hire paperwork form at the University if you are a first time student employee. International students must complete foreign national forms.
8. All selected students must be authorized to work in the United States and must obtain a social security number (International Students on F1, J1 Visas are eligible).
9. All students must adhere to the 20 hour per week work limit. The 20 hours includes the total amount of time for all on-campus jobs. Federal regulations limit students to no more than 20 hours of employment per week.
Please fill out the application form completely so we can do our best to assign students to the most appropriate position. Note that this application is for positions available only within the School of Media Studies.
The application is available, here: Fall 2017 Student Assistantship Application Form.
Please submit your application by Friday, April 28, 2017. Please direct any questions to Tracy Varites at email@example.com.