The Rehoboth Beach Film Society is currently accepting submissions of short films
The Rehoboth Beach Film Society is currently accepting submissions of short films for the 2017 Morris and Roslyn Fierberg Student Film Award competition. The first prize award winner will receive $1,000. The honorable mention award winner will receive a Staples gift card in the amount of $250. The deadline to apply is June 16, 2017.
Attached is a flyer and an application explaining our process. Please share this with your students and post a copy on your department’s bulletin board. If you have any questions regarding this email or the contest in general, please contact Michelle Marshall, at 302‑645-9095, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
You can also visit our website at www.rehobothfilm.com for additional information or to download an application form.
Currently Accepting Submissions of Short Films
for the 2017 Morris and Roslyn Fierberg
Student Film Award Competition
DEADLINE: June 16, 2017
|HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Submit a completed Morris and Roslyn Fierberg Student Film Award applicationAND meet the following application requirements:
1. The applicant must be the director of the film.
2. The applicant must be a registered, full-time high school or undergraduate student at the time of the film’s production.
3. The applicant must maintain full-time residence in the United States.
4. A supervising faculty member must endorse applicant’s entry form.
5. The competing film(s) must have been made during the preceding period of September 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017.
6. Dramas, comedies, documentaries and experimental films are all eligible. However, purely animated films are not. Judges reserve the right to decide on a film’s eligibility based on these guidelines.
7. Eligible films are those in which every major crew position was held by a student. Productions in which a non-student, professional, or a faculty member served as a cinematographer, camera operator, sound recordist, editor, lighting director or screenwriter are not eligible.
8. Entries should be no more than 30 minutes in length. Longer films may be submitted, but only the first 30 minutes will be viewed by the judging panel.
9. Entry deadline: All submissions must be received at the RBFS office by June 16, 2017.
10. The winner and the honorable mention will be notified on or about August 18, 2017.
11. Entries must be on Blu-ray and labeled with name, address, phone number and film title (submit 3 copies).
12. Please provide Vimeo and/or YouTube link to film.