Open Position: Made In NY Media Center Programming Producer
A unique opportunity at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The Media Center is a new kind of collaborative workspace dedicated to supporting and connecting the next generation of media + tech entrepreneurs, innovators and artists by providing industry resources, events, mentorship and educational opportunities. Although we cater to all aspects of media we tend to focus on these areas:
- Film & streaming content creators
• Digital Agencies
Our 20,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility in DUMBO combines workspaces, classrooms, exhibition venues and a public café, where storytellers, industry professionals and curiosity seekers come together to work, learn, innovate, explore and grow — together.
The Programming Producer answers to the Executive Director or Media Center Director and is charged with development, oversight and execution of the annual programming for the Media Center members and the creative community at large. This person must be able to ideate unique programming that supports the mission of the Media Center and our alternative educational platform called ClassWork which, is a set of personalized courses guided by leading industry experts who love what they do. Designed for entrepreneurs, innovators, and experience-seekers looking to thrive in the modern economy, it’s where business minds get creative, and creative minds get business.
While satisfying the needs of creative professionals and generating awareness of the Media Center is paramount, Programs should be designed to generate revenue, expand audiences and support the overall marketing strategy of the Media Center.
The candidate will act as an emissary of the Media Center and should cultivate existing contacts, build, create and maintain a network of relationships with key industry professionals in film, media, technology, gaming, entrepreneurship and start-ups. That will require interaction with:
- Potential and existing members of the Media Center community
• Potential and existing sponsors connected to our core markets
• Government Agencies
• The creative community at large
• Our neighbors in DUMBO
Qualified candidates must posses a keen knowledge of programming with a minimum of 5 years experience as a thought/team leader. A deep familiarity and extensive contact with the NYC/International creative community. Comfort with the business side of production including tracking, reporting and analyzing. A willingness to lead or support the rest of the Media Center team as needed in our effort to fulfill our mission. The core of this position revolves around:
- Development of a programming plan based on the Media Center business plan
• Create specific seasonal/local/international content to fit that plan
• Produce/execute that plan with the support of the Media Center team and Executives
• Drive awareness of the Media Center, attendance of events/programs and membership conversion by coordinating efforts with the marketing team and acting as an ambassador for the Media Center with the International and Business communities
• Monitor/track/evaluate all programming to assure it meets the objectives of the Media Center business plan and prepare reports to validate future programming decisions
Compensation based on experience and vision.
- Call for Papers: Modularity and Modification, Media Fields Issue 17 - January 19, 2021
- SMS Student Xinran Qi, MS Media Management ’21, Launched a Data Visualization Project “New York, I Love You (2020)” - January 19, 2021
- Call for Submissions: Drama in the Time of Covid – An Anthology - January 19, 2021