Open Position: Parsons Paris Seeking Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager role is a new position, created to drive awareness and develop further identity, reputation and image of Parsons Paris. It is based in Paris and works in close collaboration with the Marketing & Communication (M&C) department of The New School in New York City.
Reporting to M&C’s Associate Vice President, Strategic Marketing, based in New York City, the Marketing Manager for Parsons Paris is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies as well as editorial planning. S/he oversees the development and implementation of a marketing strategy that includes brand marketing, academic program marketing, PR, recruitment support, and digital engagement, and serves as primary contact for media relations and external agencies.
In addition to writing and creating print and digital marketing content, the Marketing Manager maintains Parsons Paris’ digital presence, cultivating a distinctive voice that captures the dynamic and prestigious nature of the school, driving conversation and engagement across all social media platforms, and ensuring content is fresh, reflects The New School’s mission and meets Parsons’ design standards.
Because the Marketing Manager works on a daily basis with Parsons Paris leadership, faculty and staff, and will be closely engaged with marketing colleagues in New York City, the position requires both a highly collaborative spirit and the initiative to execute independently.
– Bachelor’s degree required. Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
– Must have work authorization in the European Union
– Must be fluent in French, and very familiar with French style of communication.
– Minimum of 3 years experience in a strategic marketing or communications position.
– Passion and enthusiasm for art and design, culture, technology, and educational innovation.
– Excellent writing and presentation skills, with experience thinking strategically and coming up with big ideas.
– Resourceful and able to work independently, think ahead, find creative solutions, and meet deadlines.
– Highly collaborative with a positive and service oriented attitude.
– High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and electronic. communication. Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and HTML a plus.
– Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events on campus.