Browse By

Looking for Health Insurance that’s not the student plan?

There are a couple of options you can check out to apply for health care in New York.

We recommend looking at NYC Health

As well as looking at getting coverage through the ACA marketplace.

Sign-up is faster and easier when you’re prepared. Get together as much of the information listed below as you can for everyone in your household signing up. Your information will stay private.

Even if you don’t have all of this information, you can still start the sign-up process so don’t wait.

Household Information

  • Birth dates
  • Social Security numbers
  • Current employment and income information
    • Helpful items: tax statements, W-2 forms or pay stubs
    • Insurance cards, if members of your household have health insurance

Immigration Documents (required if you are a documented immigrant)

Items that show your legal immigration status in the U.S. can include:

  • Permanent Resident Card (Green Card/ I-551)
  • Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Arrival/Departure Record (I-94 or I-94A)
  • Foreign Passport (ID, Expiration date)
  • ORR Verification of Release Form (ORR UAC/R-1)



Leave a Reply