Showtime PAID Internship
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network’s authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to  www.SHO.com.
Research Intern – Showtime Networks
The Research team at Showtime Networks is seeking a paid part-time intern from Sept 2017 to May 2018. The intern will work directly with program viewership data across multiple platforms (digital, on demand, etc.). He/She will have regular tracking, data set cleanup, and reporting obligations. Opportunities to assist on requests involving analysis and data visualization for senior management also exist. The ideal candidate will enjoy manipulating data, be analytical, and have a strong interest in television programming and new viewership platforms.
- Track and analyze the performance of Showtime programming on demand and online using Rentrak and Adobe Site Catalyst.
- Maintain and distribute various reports for tracking audience data (On Demand and Digital/TV Everywhere) – intern must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Utilize various data resources to import, aggregate and analyze data to extract insights and inform strategy. Intern must be interested in working with numbers and quantitative research.
- Monitor competitive On Demand and Digital/TV Everywhere landscape
- Must be able to work in New York until May 2018 (20 hrs/week during school year)
- Must be a current college student (rising junior or above)
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Interest in the Cable/Entertainment Industry
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Very comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior attention to detail and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Call for Papers: On Sustaining, Deadline: Jan 4, 2021 - December 4, 2020
- Job Opportunity: Digital Content Student Producer, The New School’s Marketing and Communication - December 4, 2020
- Externship Opportunity, Entertainment Studios Television - December 4, 2020