Internship: New York International Children’s Film Festival
NEW YORK INT’L CHILDREN’S FILM FESTIVAL
Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE
New York International Children’s Film Festival was founded in 1997 to support the creation and dissemination of thoughtful, provocative, and intelligent film for children and teens ages 3-18.
For four weekends in the month of March, the Festival invites families to explore the world without leaving NYC — and over 25,000 parents, children, and filmmakers are treated to the best new films from around the world at venues throughout NYC. Each year, we scour the globe to present a highly selective slate of the best animation, live action, documentary and experimental film, narrowed down from over 2,500 international submissions. Audience members of all ages vote on the Festival-winning films, while our jury of esteemed industry professionals including Sofia Coppola, James Schamus, Gus Van Sant, and Christine Vachon, among others, selects the Academy-qualifying Jury Award winners.
In addition to the March event, New York Int’l Children’s Film Festival offers year-round engagement, including weekday field-trips, special event premieres and pre-release screenings, filmmaking camps, and nationwide touring programs.
- Assist in the cultivation of NYICFF’s network of supporters (individuals and institutions) and develop relationships with potential partners via research, prospecting, and networking
- Assist in grant application writing
- Track progress and cultivation in Excel spreadsheets and Salesforce Database to ensure continual development
- Help develop and implement digital tools, hard-copy materials, and mailings for supporter engagement
- Assist with donation acknowledgement process and other mailings
- Assist in planning of special events, including the annual Benefit + Auction taking place in January
All interns may be asked to assist at field trip or weekend screenings, filmmaking camps, and/or fundraising or other special events.
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively by phone
- Able to learn quickly and work both independently and as a team member
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly excel
- Hands-on experience at NYC’s top film organization for families
- Gain a strong understanding of the NYC Arts and Culture sector
- Mentorship to grow and develop professionally
- Satisfaction of knowing you are bringing unique and inspiring film program to New York City children, particularly those who have limited access to these valuable experiences!
Internship Dates: September 2017 – May 2018
Internship is unpaid, but may be applied towards school credit if arranged with school.
If interested and can commit at least 2 days/week, please send a cover letter and resume with “film fest internship- development” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.