2018 HBO Asian Pacific American Visionaries Short Film Competition!
This competition provides emerging directors of Asian and/or Pacific Islander descent the opportunity to showcase their work.
- Judged by a panel of HBO executives, industry leaders, and fellow APA filmmakers, the competition seeks to identify cinematic storytellers who offer unique perspectives of the Asian Pacific American experience
- The theme for the 2018 APA Visionaries Short Film Competition centers around the concept of “home”
- Winners will be announced in February 2018
- Here is a video of this year’s ambassador Leonardo Nam of Westworld announcing the competition
What could you win?
- Cash prizes for first 3 winners
- Selected to make their premiere at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival in April 2018
- Offered the opportunity to license their film to premiere exclusively on HBO and/or its platforms during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May 2018
You can find the rules and regulations of the competition here at www.hbovisionaries.com.
Please pass along to your APA friends, family and coworkers!!
If you have any questions about the competition please reach out to MinJi Cho at Minji.Cho@iwgroupinc.com.