Online Strategies — part of Marketing & Communications (M&C) — builds and maintains The New School’s public web presence. It is their charge to oversee and develop a forward thinking online experience for the university and each of its divisions (including Parsons) and administrative departments.
The directors, web producers, and web developer in the department contribute to everything from kick-offs to creative briefs, defining strategy and developing information architecture, to hands-on production and implementation. An ideal Web Producer candidate will be a strategic thinker with the technical ability to build practical and inventive web solutions.
The ideal candidate will report to the directors of Online Strategies, and works in tandem with other web producers, web programmer, and designers as well as be self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, and in tune with current and emerging web technologies.
Detail of Responsibilities:
● Participates in creative brainstorming and concepting and provides insight based on technical specifications and best practices.
● Supports university program administrators by contributing to daily content updates, visual storytelling and facilitating enhancements to digital content strategy where appropriate.
● Builds out front end user interfaces using HTML, CSS, and various scripting languages with direction from the project lead and while following technical and design specifications.
● Builds special and dynamic one-off online components and pages as marketing needs dictate.
● Collaborates with back-end developer to ensure viability of front-end experience.
● Stays abreast of current developments, standards, and best practices in the online industry.
● Other duties as assigned.
For more information and how to apply click here