Job Opportunity – Tribeca Film Institute
JOB POSTING: TEACHING ARTIST
The Education Department at the Tribeca Film Institute has a deep commitment to delivering filmmaking and media production to incarcerated individuals with the belief that all voices have the agency to be heard. TFI has an exemplary track record of delivering quality screenwriting, editing, production and media literacy programs to incarcerated youth and adults in New York City and Upstate New York.
The Tribeca Film Institute is seeking passionate and highly skilled Teaching Artists with a depth of knowledge in Filmmaking, Media Production, Documentary, Animation, Storytelling, Film Scoring and Scriptwriting to join our Tribeca Teaches 2017-2018 cycle of programs to work with youth in detention and incarcerated spaces.
- Design and deliver curriculum and lesson plans rooted in project based learning methods that encourage positive youth development.
- Attend meetings, trainings and other professional development opportunities as needed for the program, including the annual Tribeca Teaches Festival screening during the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Maintain consistent program calendar and attendance for all program meetings and class sessions.
- Perform weekly planning and preparation for class sessions.
- Assist with post-production completion and electronic delivery of student-produced content.
- A strong commitment to equity and inclusion within arts education and ability to work with diverse populations of students.
- Willingness to work with incarcerated youth and adults in secured and non-secured facilities and group home environments.
- Experience in writing and delivering curriculum and lesson plans.
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching in an in-school/after-school program.
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in documentary and/or narrative film production; editing; film scoring; writing; and, animation/digital arts.
- Some college and/or graduate level education, and/or professional training equivalent.
- Proficiency in using DSLR cameras, audio equipment, Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X andAdobe Premiere software.
- Flexibility and patience in navigating incarcerated institutions and personnel.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding inmate backgrounds and experiences.The selected Teaching Artists will have to complete fingerprinting and a background check.Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Manager of Tribeca Teaches at kcheairs@TribecaFilmInstitute.org.