HBO + Asian Pacific American Visionaries Short Film Competition – CALL FOR ENTRIES!
HBO presents the 2nd Asian Pacific American Visionaries Short Film Competition, which provides emerging directors of Asian Americans the opportunity to share their stories and showcase their work.
About the competition:
- Judged by a panel of HBO executives, industry leaders, and fellow APA filmmakers, the competition seeks to identify cinematic storytellers who offer unique perspectives of the Asian Pacific American experience
- The theme for the 2018 competition centers on the concept of “home”– timely issues such as identity, belonging and culture
- Deadline is November 1, 2017
- Winners will be announced in February 2018
- Here is a video of this year’s ambassador Leonardo Nam of Westworld announcing the competition
What could you win?
- Cash prizes for the first 3 winners
- Selected to make their premiere at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival in April 2018
- Offered the opportunity to license their film to premiere exclusively on HBO and/or its platforms during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May 2018
You can find the rules and regulations of the competition here at www.hbovisionaries.com.