23rd Annual Graduate Student Conference at the Graduate Center, CUNY
Call for Papers for the Latin American, Iberian and Latino Cultures 23rd Annual Graduate Student Conference at the Graduate Center, CUNY.
This year’s conference, titled “¡Ingobernables! War, Revolution and Revolt” will take place April 19-20, 2018 and the deadline for submissions is January 15, 2018. The keynote speakers will be Silvia Federici and Juan González.
Topics for the conference include:
- Colonialism, neocolonialism, decolonialism, imperialism.
- Wars and guerrillas
- Language and gender, race and identity
- Social movements and trends
- Counterrevolutions and populism
- Gender and sexuality
- Migration and forced displacement: diaspora, exile, and residential exile
- Social networks and revolution
- Feminization of politics and democracy
- Capitalism, violence, State, and sovereignty
- Bilingualism, multilingualism, and translanguaging
- Performing practices and dissident repertoires
- Linguistic ideologies and literacies
- Body, performance, and affect
- War and resistance narratives
The doctoral students of the PhD Program in Latin American, Iberian and Latino Cultures at the Graduate Center of CUNY invite participants to submit abstracts (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, please include your name, contact information, academic affiliation and any needed audiovisual equipment. Presentations are limited to a maximum of 20 minutes and can be presented in Spanish, English or Portuguese.