Western University: Graduate Conference
The Graduate Students of Art History and Visual Arts would like to announce a graduate student conference titled Inward<->Outward: (De)Constructing Experiences in Public Space. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
• Film as Space
• Bodies in Museums
• The Female Body: Agency and the Public Space
• Street Art
• The Exploitation of the Spectacle of Disaster & Suffering • Digital Images and Nationalism Through Circulation
• Place/No Place – Thing/No Thing
• Archiving the Public and the Personal
• Negotiating Identity Through the Image
• Queer Theory and Space
The conference will consist of discussion panels that consider these themes and provide a multi-disciplinary approach to these subjects. Talks will range from 15-20 minutes, followed by a discussion period. Please send all abstract submissions (250-300 words) to email@example.com by December 8th 2017. Please include a 50-100 word biography and the tile of your paper within your submission, as well as whether or not you need special equipment to conduct your talk.
In conjunction with the conference, MFAs and Studio PhDs will be conducting Open Studios as well as an Exhibition in the ArtLAB Gallery.
The conference will take place February 8th and 9th, 2018 in the John Labatt Visual Arts Centre.