Internship Opportunity at Rake Films
Rake Films is an award-winning production company producing non-fiction films and multimedia stories that connect people, challenge notions and explore perspectives across the world. Take a look at their work here: rakefilms.com
Rake Films is looking for a driven, sharp, fun-loving intern to join their team in early 2018.
The intern will be right up close in all aspects of producing a story – from sketching out the first seed of an idea to the last export out of the edit bay. 2018 promises to be a busy year: Rake Films has a feature-length documentary in post, another feature-length in development, several short films in production, several more short films in development, and a few media projects under way for international non-profits. There’s a lot of work to do, and tons of opportunity for compelling collaboration to make the best stories come to life.
Rake Films interns will tackle things like :
– Research for films in development
– Asset management (photos, videos, audio)
– Assistant editing and technical assistance during film post-production
– Writing and editing about our films for grants, festivals, marketing materials, etc.
– Social media engagement (managing and growing our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram accounts)
– Possible cinematography or editing on a Rake films project, depending on your interest and skill level
– Various producing and administration needs… all kinds of tasks that emerge in the throughs of the filmmaking process !
Rake Films wants you to MAKE STUFF.
So among tackling a cacophony of tasks for Rake’s productions, the intern will also be tasked with producing at least one documentary short film of their own, which Rake will provide production assistance, gear and story consulting on throughout the process.
** This internship is paid.
*** Intern may work remote. Preference is made for candidates based in New York, NY, so the intern could work at Rake Films’ Red Hook office in person.
Click here to apply.