Education and Project Intern Needed at The Skyscraper Museum
The Skyscraper Museum is a young institution in New York City devoted to the study of high-rise building and city history. The Museum seeks a part-time Project Intern to assist with the implementation of daily operations and long-term projects.
● Group tours for students, seniors, and teachers. School group visits allow students to interact with the Museum’s collections and incorporate activities in science, mathematics,the arts, and social studies.
● Family programs – design and preparation for bi-weekly programs for children.
● Research for public programs and exhibition development.
● Draft and edit professional correspondence and member materials.
● Exhibition installation and design support.
● Research, prepare and upload content for museum web projects.
● Administrative tasks as necessary.
This position is ideal for a self-starter with an interest in architecture, urban history, or museum and arts administration and strong knowledge of New York City. Undergraduate upperclassmen, graduate students, and recent graduates are all encouraged to apply. Candidates must be creative, organized, flexible, and enjoy working with a small team on a myriad of tasks. Proficiency in Mac/PC environment and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required. Schedule: Part-time 2-3 days/week required.
How to Apply:
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Josh Vogel, email@example.com. No phone inquiries please. Salary is commensurate with experience. Feel free to mention The New School in your application.