Apply Now | 2018 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship
The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is a $7,000 unrestricted cash award open to individual and collaborative artists living and working in New York State.
The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is offered in fifteen different disciplines over a three-year cycle period. The NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship is not a project grant; it is intended to fund an artist’s vision or voice, regardless of the career stage of their artistic development.
The 2018 NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship categories are:
- Folk/Traditional Arts
- Interdisciplinary Work
Applications close on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 11:59 PM (EST)
- You must be 25 years old or older.
- You must be a current resident of New York State and/or one of the Indian Nations located in New York State for at least the two consecutive years prior to the application deadline.
- You must not be enrolled in a degree-seeking program of any kind at the time of the application deadline.
- You must not have received a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in any discipline in the past five years (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017), and cannot submit any artwork that has been previously awarded a NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship in the past.
- Artists that have been awarded five NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowships receive Emeritus Status and are no longer eligible to apply.
- You must not be a NYFA employee, member of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, an immediate family member of any of the above, or an immediate family member of a 2017-2018 panelist.