Faculty Member Michelle Materre Hosts “Citizen in Pictures”
Faculty Member Michelle Materre is hosting “Citizen in Pictures”, presented by Creatively Speaking, at St. John’s University.
“Citizen in Pictures” is a collection of short films as a visual interpretation of the themes presented in this award winning longform poem by Claudia Rankine. The event will take place on Thursday, February 8, 7pm @ St. John’s University Manhattan Campus (101 Astor Place).
After the 70mins screening, a Q&A with curators and filmmakers will take place.
The following films will be screened:
- Dear Mr Shakespeare by Shola Amoo
- Black America Again by Bradford Young
- Charcoal by Francesca Andre – Filmmaker attending
- Diasporadical by Blitz the Ambassador
- Black Panther, a.k.a. Off The Pig from the archives of Third World Newsreel– 1968
- Trans Lives Matter: Justice for Islam Nettles by Seyi Adebango
Space is limited so RSVP as soon as possible by visiting the Eventbrite page!