Mixed Messages 2018 Call for Entries
The 22nd Annual MIXED MESSAGES Media Studies Graduate Showcase Spring 2018 is currently accepting submissions!
Mixed Messages, a juried annual showcase of outstanding creative work by graduate students and recent alumni of the School of Media Studies, is now accepting applications for Spring 2018.
Mixed Messages projects span across various formats, themes and genres. Winners will be awarded media goods and services donated by media and tech companies.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018
Presentations and Reception: Friday, April 20, 2018 @ Starr Foundation Hall, Room UL102, University Center
Exhibition: April 21 – 27 @ Media Studies Loft, 79 5th Ave, 16th Floor
– Projects completed by graduate students and alumni produced as part of Media Studies coursework between the Fall 2016 and Fall 2017 semesters.
– Works submitted to Mixed Messages in previous years are not eligible.
– Maximum of TWO different works may be submitted for the showcase. Please complete a separate application for each submission.
For more information please email, firstname.lastname@example.org
> PLEASE NOTE: Film and video projects should be submitted to Fine Cuts at email@example.com! <
Mixed Messages is looking for completed media projects AND functioning project prototypes. Project topics can include but are not limited to media advocacy, social engagement, media management, branding, digital storytelling, and public interactives.
– Web-based projects
– Mobile Media (locative work for smart phones or tablets; wearables)
– Digital publishing projects
– Installation (interactive or non-interactive work involving spatial components, such as screens, multiple screen projections, physical computing)
– Motion Design
– Print / Works on paper (including graphic design, infographics, photography)
NOTE: There are two parts to the application. After completing this form, please fill out the following project submission form:
Once you have downloaded and filled the project submission form, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission form: Mixed Messages 2018 Application Part 2 of 2 (1)