Job Opportunity: Associate Producer at Edgeline Films
EDGELINE FILMS is hiring a full-time Associate Producer in charge of development.
- Generating ideas and researching for new documentary feature films and TV series.
- Making contact and developing with potential documentary subjects.
- Participating in story and development meetings.
- Writing pitches, outlines, treatments and decks.
About Edgeline Films:
- They’re the team behind the 2016 documentary Weiner, which won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival and was shortlisted for the Academy Awards.
- They currently have a feature documentary and a docu-series in production, in partnership with major distributors.
- They have offices in Brooklyn and LA.
You need to be:
- Smart, articulate, kind, and hardworking.
- A punchy writer who understands narrative tension.
- A curious and dogged researcher with a nose for gripping non-fiction stories.
- Outgoing, friendly, and unafraid to cold call a stranger.
To apply, send them:
- 300-500 words about a documentary that shouldn’t have worked but did OR a documentary that should have worked but didn’t.
- One paragraph about yourself, a resume, and references.
Flexible start date. Salary commensurate with experience. Can be based in wither LA or NYC.
Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org