Internship Opportunity: Documentary Transcription Interns
Documentary Transcription Interns (Remote/Unpaid) | Reconstructing Annie
Reconstructing Annie | @reconstructing.annie | reconstructingannie.com
NEW YORK — An unlikely collective of artists remake of “Annie Hall.” Two millennials collaborate with a senior community to film a truncated version of the 1970’s classic, starring two seniors. The collaboration blossoms into an unexpected intergenerational friendship between four artists.
- Leland, John. “The Woody Allen Reboot You Won’t See At the Oscars (or Maybe Anywhere).” New York Times, 2 March 2018.
- Swartz, Erin.“The Senior Citizen Remake of “Annie Hall” Is “Better, and Funnier.” Garage VICE, 27 Dec 2017.
- Carrigan, Margaret.“Artistic Collaborators Remake ‘Annie Hall’ With a Cast of Retirees.” Observer, 6 Nov 2017.
- Frank, Priscilla. “Two Millennials Recreated ‘Annie Hall’ With A Cast Of Senior Actors.” Huffington Post, 5 Sept 2017.
- Teeman, Tim. “Meet Shula and Harry, the Brilliant New York City Seniors Remaking Woody Allen’s ‘Annie Hall.’” Daily Beast, 27 Aug 2017.
Transcribe + Code Footage: The intern will assist our post-production preparation by completing accurate and thorough transcripts, coding footage and organizing documents according to formatting guidelines. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in documentary producing/post-production.
Interns are expected to contribute 10 x 6-hour sessions to complete 3–6 transcriptions (depending on the length of footage) to earn a credit in the film.
- No prior experience necessary.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps
- Experience with Databases
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Interest in Documentary Fulm
Interested applicants will write firstname.lastname@example.org a short paragraph describing your previous experience, what interests you about documentary filmmaking, and your availability. Perform this test (https://www.typingtest.com/test.html?minutes=5&textfile=zebra.txt) and attach the screenshot of your test results.
Hours: 8 – 16 hrs a week
Compensation: Unpaid/school credit
Location: Remote / NY
Deadline: Rolling until end of May 2018