One-Day Oral History Training Workshops with OHMA
Join Columbia University for an intensive day of workshops with OHMA faculty and alumni!
The second round of ONE-DAY ORAL HISTORY TRAINING WORKSHOPS are on Saturday, May 5, 2018, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Columbia University (Knox Hall)
Registration: $25 – 100 per workshop, sliding scale
For their oral history workshops, please pay what you can. We suggest $25 for students, recent graduates, or others who are financially constrained, while we suggest that professionals and those with more resources should pay more.
All profits from these events go towards our annual merit scholarship for an incoming OHMA student.
Descriptions of Workshops
- Oral History Research Design through Project Execution: Principles of Good Practice
- Oral History 101
- The Art of the Interview
- Introduction to Community-Based Oral History Projects
- Introduction to Oral History for Social Change
- Oral History as Spontaneous Literature: Writing the Life History
- Turning Problems with Archiving Oral History into Opportunities
- Research-Based Interviewing and Interpretation
- Designing & Managing an Oral History Project
- Oral History for Human Rights: From Conflict & Oppression to Documentation & Advocacy
For more information, please email Jamie Beckenstein, Administrative Coordinator for OHMA & INCITE, at email@example.com.